12R SERIES 3D RADIO
The 12R Series 3D (Tri-Mode) Radio is the most recent and technological advanced addition to the 12R Series of locomotive radios. The 12R3D is a Tri-Mode Analog/Digital radio that is fully compliant with FCC mandated narrow band operation. Both conventional 25KHz and 12.5KHz analog bandwidths, as well as the 6.25KHz Ultra-Narrow (digital) bandwidth, are supported by simple channel configuration in software.
- Single Case Aluminum Chassis
- Robust 74/13V DC to DC converter.
- Standard AAR Form/Fit/Function for easy upgrade of existing locomotive radios.
- Large 16 character x 2 line LCD display.
- Backlit display and keypads for dark cab operation.
- Supports applications requiring single or dual Remote Head operation.
- All radios are shipped configured to customer specifications and ready to use out of the boX
- Sensitivity (Analog – 12dB SiNAD): .25uV
- Selectivity (Analog): -80dB(W) / -75dB(N)
- Spurious & Image Response: -90dB
- Intermodulation: -75dB(W) / -75dB(N)
- Audio - Front Speaker: 12 Watts
- Remote Cab Speaker: 12 Watts
- Audio Distortion: < 3%
- AAR Standard Tray Mounting: YES
- AAR Standard Electrical Interface: YES
- Number of Channels: 640
- Number of Frequencies: 512
- Frequency Range: 136-174 MHz.
- Frequency Stability: ±2PPM
- Antenna Impedance: 50 ohms
- Operating Modes (Modulation): Analog & Digital
- Modulation Type: FM
- Operating Bandwidths Analog: 25 KHz / 12.5 KHz
- Operating Bandwidths Digital: 12.5 KHz / 6.25 KHz
- RF Output Power (Watts): 10 – 50 (Adj.)
- Spurious Output: -73 dB
- FM Hum & Noise: 50dB(W) / 45dB(N)
- Audio Distortion: < 2%
- AAR Handset Mic. Sensitivity: .30VRMS (Adj.)